Celebrate Canadian agriculture and food on February 12
The countdown is on! Canada’s Agriculture Day is just days away, but you still have time to plan how you’ll celebrate. On February 12, join our entire industry and help connect people to where their food comes from and how it’s produced.
Why celebrate Canada’s Agriculture Day?
Last year’s celebration was a huge success. Producers, organizations and people working in agriculture from coast to coast shared their enthusiasm for Canadian agriculture and food by organizing events, taking to social media and sharing their stories. In fact, #CdnAgDay and #JourAgCan were trending topics on Twitter that day. Thanks for being a part of the conversation.
There are so many reasons to celebrate our industry. February 12 is the perfect opportunity for you to come together with people across the agriculture and food system. Share your story and connect with people outside agriculture to help earn their trust in food production and farming practices.
It’s easier than you think. Your participation doesn’t need to take a lot of time either. Here are five ideas to get you started.
- Post a photo or video from your farm or workplace on your social media accounts and tell your followers why Canadian ag is important to you. Use #CdnAgDay and challenge others to do the same.
- Invite local media to tour your farm. If you don’t have any media contacts but are interested in welcoming them to your farm, email us and we’ll put you on our list if we receive media inquiries.
- Cook a meal with ingredients from your farm or region and share photos on social media. Sharing the recipe is also a good idea!
- Reach out to a teacher at a local school to organize a classroom presentation or tour of your farm or workplace.
- Pay it forward to a consumer by sharing some delicious Canadian food. Buy a sandwich for the person behind you in the drive-thru or bring some home-grown goodies to your volunteer board meeting. Don’t forget to mention that you’re sharing your love and pride for Canadian ag on Canada’s Agriculture Day.
Get more ideas at AgDay.ca. If you come up with a great idea of your own, share it with us. We’ll let other ag fans know what works. Let’s showcase Canadian agriculture and food as we share our stories.
Thanks for celebrating the industry and the food we love on February 12.
The Ag More Than Ever Team